Free Magnet Concert in Bergen This Friday, July 25 Jul. 22, 2014
This year’s annual Tall Ships Races 2014 is taking place in Bergen, Norway, from July 24 to 27. It is, as the name entails, a huge-ass festival dedicated to racing tall ships, among many other maritime-related activities.
But if you’re like me, all you’re looking at is the ginormous roster of musical performances by mostly Norwegian artists—and they’re all free. Check out the full schedule here. Most notably, Magnet is performing on Friday, July 25, at 9 p.m. at the Fish Market stage.
New Video for ‘Homecoming Queen’ and New Tour Dates Mar. 8, 2012
Here’s another new music video from Magnet for “Homecoming Queen,” produced by Fast Forward and directed by Marcel Leilienhof.
He’s got a handful of tour dates coming up this month. A few shows already happened since I made my last post. Whoops. :( Well. If you live in Norway or are visiting Norway, this info’s for you:
- March 8: Lillestrøm, Martins
- March 10: Sandvika, Musikkflekken (220 NOK, 170 NOK for children, students, seniors)
- March 11: Kolbotn, Kolben (260 NOK, comes with a free ticket, buy tickets)
- March 16: Bykle, Samfunnshus
- March 17: Øystese, Kabuso
Magnet Performing at by:Larm Festival Feb. 14, 2012
Magnet is performing at the by:Larm music festival in Oslo this Thursday, the 16th, at Rockefeller. Festival pass for the day is available at billettservice.no for 895 NOK (695 NOK for students). See the full schedule here.
January Tour Dates in Norway Jan. 17, 2012
Magnet is performing a handful of concerts this month in Norway:
- January 19: Bergen, Kvarteret (18+, 190 NOK, buy tickets)
- January 20: Stavanger, Folken (18+, 275 NOK, 250 NOK for students, buy tickets)
- January 21: Oslo, Rockefeller (18+, 250 NOK, 200 NOK for students, buy tickets)
- January 27: Trondheim, Samfundet, Storsalen (18+, 220 NOK, 180 NOK for members, buy tickets)
Get the latest news at Magnet’s Facebook page.
Seattle In-Store at Sonic Boom Confirmed Oct. 26, 2007
Magnet will be performing and exclusive in-store performance at Seattle’s premiere indie retail record store SONIC BOOM on Sunday, November 11th before his gig at Chop Suey.
In-store details are below:
MAGNET performance @ SONIC BOOM
Sunday, November 11th @ 3 PM!
Sonic Boom Fremont – 3416 Fremont Ave. N Seattle, WA 98103
Call the store for inquiries: (206) 633-2666
ALSO – listen for MAGNET performing live on KEXP on Monday morning, November 12th. More details to be announced soon.
New York Shows Cancelled! Oct. 16, 2007
We are truly sorry to tell you that due to illness in Evens immediate family, he has been forced to cancel the planned New York shows. The rest of the tour will go as planned. We are working on a rescheduling of the New York shows and hope to see you soon.
MAGNET ON TOUR Sep. 19, 2007
Magnet, aka Even Johansen, will be leaving the confines of his Norwegian farm for the wide expanse of the U.S. when he takes to the road with Montreal indie poppers Stars in late October. The tour is in support of the multi-instrumentalist’s third full-length, “The Simple Life,” due September 18 on Filter US Recordings. Recorded in his studio on the coast of Norway, Johansen played nearly every instrument on “The Simple Life” as well as handled production duties.
“The Simple Life” marks Magnet’s third full-length and was released earlier this year throughout Europe, including Norway, where it was the #1 album week of release. To celebrate the album’s arrival, Johansen played 40,000 feet on an airplane flying from Oslo to Reykjavik, breaking the world record for highest performance ever performed.
MAGNET ON TOUR
- 10/19 NYC, NY – Joe’s Pub Headline
- 10/20 NYC, NY – Joe’s Pub Headline
- 10/23 Philadelphia, PA – World Cafe Live Headline
- 10/25 Washington, DC – DC9 Headline
- 10/26 Chapel Hill, NC – Cat’s Cradle w/ Stars
- 10/27 Atlanta, GA – The Variety w/ Stars
- 10/28 Tallahassee, FL – Club Downunder w/ Stars
- 10/30 Austin, TX – Stubb’s w/ Stars
- 10/31 Dallas, TX – House of Blues w/ Stars
- 11/2 Chicago, IL – The Vic w/ Stars
- 11/3 Minneapolis, MN – Pantages w/ Stars
- 11/4 Omaha, NE – Slowdown w/ Stars
- 11/6 Denver, CO – The Gothic w/ Stars
- 11/8 Tucson, AZ – Rialto w/ Stars
- 11/11 Seattle, WA – Chop Suey Headline
- 11/13 San Francisco, CA – Cafe DuNord Headline
- 11/14 Los Angeles, CA – The Roxy Headline
Skral Festival photos + summer tour dates Jul. 16, 2007
- Magnet at Skral
Check out Ole’s photos of Magnet from this weekend’s Skral Festival, also in the photo gallery. He’ll be doing a few shows at Norwegian music festivals this summer—view all of the tour dates.
Upcoming shows in Oslo Apr. 2, 2007
new tour date Jan. 4, 2007
North American tour cancelled Oct. 14, 2006
Bad news: Magnet’s previously scheduled dates for CMJ and Imogen Heap’s North American tour have been cancelled.
Good news: it’s because he’s finishing up his new album.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
Magnet to support Imogen Heap on US Fall tour Sep. 20, 2006
Lost Weekend photos Sep. 17, 2006
- Magnet at Lost Weekend
XFM’s Winter Wonderland video Jun. 27, 2006
- Magnet at XFM’s Winter Wonderland
Magnet’s performance at XFM’s Winter Wonderland 2005 was…a while ago, but now you can watch his 20 minute performance at XFM Online!
live SXSW mp3s, photos Mar. 22, 2006
new media, radio appearances Mar. 19, 2006
- photo taken by ldandersen
Read Rewritable Content’s review of Magnet at the Hotel Cafe. There are also some videos on YouTube:
Minnesota Public Radio caught up with magnet at SXSW. Listen to the interview and performance online. Stayed tuned for an upcoming appearance on WXPN’s World Cafe!
tour reviews, photos, and video Mar. 6, 2006
Fans have been putting up lots of great media from Magnet’s North American tour so far. Check it out:
- Matt’s blog: 2/22, Boston / Paradise
- Harmonium: 2/24, Washington DC / Black Cat
- Musical Hedonist: 2/24, Washington DC / Black Cat
- photo taken by pressta
- lunarbull: 2/22, Boston / Paradise
- jvanschoick: 2/23, Philadelphia / Beyond
- pressta: 2/25, NYC / Webster Hall
- rowchygogo: 2/25, NYC / Webster Hall
- > Janice: 3/1, Toronto / The Docks
peterparker86: 2/24, Washington DC / Black Cat
slapchar: 2/25, NYC / Webster Hall
Easy Street Records performance Mar. 1, 2006
Magnet will do an in-store performance at Seattle’s Easy Street Records on Friday, March 10th at 7 PM.
Magnet shows at SXSW confirmed Feb. 28, 2006
Magnet’s official showcase at South By South West, Austin, Texas is the KCRW show @ 18th Floor Capitol Place on Thursday, March 16th – on stage 9pm.
Magnet will also be appearing on Friday 17th at the Filter party, Cedar St Courtyard on a bill also including Built To Spill & there will also be an afternoon show on Thursday 16th at the Urban Outfitters party on 6th Street – details to follow.
NYC solo show Feb. 10, 2006
Magnet will be playing a solo show in NYC on March 21st at The Living Room.
More Canadian dates confirmed Feb. 8, 2006
Magnet will join Stars on some more Canadian dates in Feb/March. The new shows are:
- Feb 27th – Kingston, ON @ AJ’s Hanger
- March 1st – Toronto, ON @ Docks Theatre
Magnet will also play these solo dates:
- Feb 28th – Waterloo, ON @ Starlight Room
- March 2nd – Toronto, ON @ Comfort Zone
March LA tour date Jan. 23, 2006
Magnet will be playing a show in LA on Tuesday, March 14th at Hotel Café.
Magnet/Isobel Campbell west coast dates Jan. 11, 2006
Magnet will join Isobel Campbell (former member of Belle and Sebastian) as special guest support for the following shows:
First dates of Magnet US tour confirmed Jan. 7, 2006
Magnet is touring America in February and March to support the US release of “The Tourniquet” out on Filter Recordings on Feb 14th. These dates below are the first to be confirmed. Magnet will be supporting Stars on these shows.
- 22nd – Boston, Paradise
- 23rd – Philadelphia, Beyond
- 24th – Washington DC, Black Cat
- 25th – New York, Webster Hall
Magnet confirmed for SXSW ‘06, Austin, TX Dec. 27, 2005
Magnet will begin a US tour in March ‘06 to promote the US release of “The Tourniquet” (out on Filter Recordings in February – including exclusive US only tracks). Dates are TBC but will include performances at this year’s SXSW Festival in Austin, Texas in March.